Response to each comment below...

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hmmm, you obviously left out the search words where  it  is in the
top 3
> or 4
>
> such as "videoblogging"

That is a word that is probably much lower than vlog(s) and video
blog(s).  It is much more commone amongst the community members than
it is to the average Web user.  Also noote, "video blogging" does not
show the Yahoo Group in Google.

http://www.google.com/search?q=video%20blogging

> also, most of the top search results will lead you here very quickly
> because of link love
>
> one obvious exception: the new vlogmap seems to have far less links to
> the "external" community on it's main pages
>
> no obvious  badges, links , etc.  on front page
>
> if it is so important for this group to be visible, why not point to it
> more directly???

The external community links have been added to the bottom of the home
page, exactly like the old site.  The badges were removed many months
ago due to the lollipop look.

The links were not removed to horde traffic.  I intended to build out
detailed pages with screenshots and photos for the handbook.  The
launch came a month early and it was a scramble to organize
everything.  I apologize for the unintentional diss.

http://community.vlogmap.org/

> i think vlogmap II looks fantastic, but i must admit I use it much less
> since the changes (i was a daily user)
>
> i'm not 100% sure why, but  i think it was mainly just small changes to
> the feedburner stats page for me

I'm very sorry you are no longer a regular visitor.  I'm surprise you
have an issue with the FeedBurner stats since the only changes have
been improvements.  You can now see compare up to 10 vlogs of your
choice and see each comparison (or an individual vlog) over various
timeframes (24 hours to 1 year).  Note, none of the old features were
removed.

http://community.vlogmap.org/feedburner

> also, it seemed that the  node101 sites got lost in the shuffle

Not sure what you mean?  Node 101 was not part of the bottom home page
links, but that was a mistake.  I will add it now.

> btw, here's a great video that discusses the effects of UI changes on
> communities

http://sbforum.blogspot.com/2006/04/rob-kaye-watch-video-tag-sbforum.html

I'll watch...

Thank you for your feedback!  I've made a point to address every issue
that has been presented (commented or emailed) to me.  This is the
quickest way to make the site better.

Sometimes, I'm too close to the development to see these issues.

-Matt
http://vlogmap.org
http://ridertech.com
http://leanbackvids.com