On 5/10/06, LeanBackVids.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Devlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I (as I am assuming Josh was) was surprised that here we have this new
> media, this new chance to try to avoid the pitfalls of traditional
media and
> we have those who are going for the easy hook...skin, sex, whatever.

Pitfalls?  Many "shows" are built with the intended goal of getting a
large viewership.

Of course, or they wouldn't be putting the effort into creating it.  The effort of creating content that is compelling.  Some take the high road, they focus on the content, not the fancy wrapping.

Are they in the wrong for using a proven method of
marketing?  It is a business decision and that is it.  Again, most
humans find a female more visually appealing than a male.
Don't blame traditional media...

I can't find anyone else that is more responsible for it.

people like it and it works.

Yup, people love it, especially those young girls who are growing up in a world that tells them that they can't be famous, or on tv, or such things unless they are 'hot'.  They love it while they loathe themselves when they look in the mirror and compare themselves to what traditional media has taught us women should look like....yeah, they love it ;)

-Matt

Fireant Individual Use
Explains

~Devlon