Hello Matt,

(I might have misread what you wrote, but....)

While I agree with your assessment that Microsoft Windows is one big security risk, and that using it means that one should block all incoming ports just to be a bit safer... I do NOT agree that this should be done in general.

One of the things I've hatted the most, about today's ISP's, is that they do NOT allow you to become true node on the Internet.  Being a true node on the Internet implies you can be both client and server.  Which means that you need to allow incoming ports.

My 2cents :-)

See ya