They just don't allow downloads or feeds.
Millions of people don't seem to care.

obviously.  the general audience of Internet TV are not creating content or into blogging.
some who create content (not nec 'works' but just random clips of anythingness) dont care about open distribution architecture or copyrights.

their will always be a few camps.
those who are serious... not only about making content but precisely how that content is published/distributed and where it is hosted and under what terms and working to cater to a mixed audience who use various playback devices, whether mobile or home entertainment systems.

the less serious will grab hold of the youtubesque services, as ease and simplicity has more importance than anything else i have mentioned.  simplicity in that having your video playable on the web after a painless upload process is all these people are after.  send the link to those they wish to share it with and move on.

yet others will find benefit in utilizing all of the above... if it makes sense to them.  sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.  youtubesque services are a great way to put out teaser content and lead potential audience to your work where they can properly subscribe and even fund you.

its good to see features like video comments start to become an apparent core feature now.  we'll be seeing this just about everywhere and it is a nice enhancement to the wide open videosphere we all play and dabble in. its as important as playlists.

sull