Id love to help out.

Anyway I'll start to talk about it here although I agree that more
detailed discussions probably belong elsewhere. Is there somewhere we
can go to talk about this in more detail on the web? Should we talk
about it on drupal forums or is there better alternatives or reasons
not to?

I havent tried Drupal 5 beta yet. I plan to install it soon (been
testing 4.7 previously). From memory, the video module isnt part of
the core is it? So I guess its not really beneficial to have mediaRSS
as part of the core unless video is too?

I see the video module is being updated quite a lot recently, seems
like automatic thumbnails and other stuff got added in November, by
the looks of CSV messges:

http://drupal.org/project/cvs/25274

So anyways I was ondering if you will be working with whoever is
currently maintaining the video module, that sort of thing. I am not a
very good programmer so Idoubt I can be too much direct help, but I
can do testing & give technical feedback. I have some funds that would
probably translate to $200 US available to help the cause, if its
actually of use. Is there some sort of channel for drual sponsored
projects or is it just simply paying directly whoever is willing (eg
you by the sounds of it, groovy), to dedicate some time to the work?

Both my own future blog/vlog site, and some other projects, are on
infinite hold waiting for me to do a drupal site properly with the
features I know I want. Drupal has come quite a long way, esp the
video module, and Im confident Drupal with the right modules can do
80% of what I need right now. Further improvements to video & feed
features are something I care enough about to contribute to
financially, so may actually have more money than stated above
available if this stuff starts to fly.

There are also weirder things Id like to do if a few other existing
modules did just a bit more, and knew about eachother a little more. I
see google map and timeline modules, and it makes me wonder about
mashing them together with video content uploaded to the site, and
having odd new ways to see peoples videos mapped to time and space. It
might be a dud idea for all I know, but until I see it I wont know if
its a failure, and I dont qutie have the skills to make it happen.

Cheers

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Savarino"