It matters because...

Already lots of folks have got their minds around 'vlogging' 'videoblogging'
'vee-logging' and say the words.

They are not particularly beautiful in the mouth.

Nor are they terribly catchy or descriptive to the uninitiated.

I blame 'blogging'.

I blame 'podcasting'.

I blame 'video'.

All blamed for not having thought well about what they called these
activities.

We are left with speaking the typing the ugly results.

Where are the nomenclators?

Does changing the time-based nature of the activity change its 'blog'
nature?

Time-based syndication has changed with the advent of FeedCycle -
http://www.feedcycle.com/feed/10104/

You can tell your stories now with a bit more control.

Jan

On 12/9/06, Obreahny O'Brien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   this is silly; who cares what you call it. it's what you are doing with
> it, i.e., the content that matters- not the denotation of website or vlog
> or blog.rather than expensing this time philosophizing nonsense take a
> note from Jay & Ryanne & Deidre to use this medium (regardless of what it's
> called) to expose and promote causes, predicaments, whatever it is in the
> world. they are a few of my favorite people on the internet and it's not
> because they're "vloggers" or "bloggers" but rather because they're
> consistent content providers of interesting media. To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.comFrom>:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <andrew%40rocketboom.comDate>: Sat, 9 Dec 2006
> 16:06:05 -0500Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: vlog
>
> You are also a human, like it or not. And you can call it what you
> want but its a website you are talking about when you say 'my site'.
>
> You could take your site off the web but right now its there and
> that's what it is.
>
> You vlogger, you.
>
> :P
>
> On Dec 9, 2006, at 3:56 PM, David Howell wrote:
>
> > How is my archive page a video web log? It's a page that links to
> > videos I've created and posted on my site.
> >
> > As I own my site, I am the one to define what it is. I dont see myself
> > as a vlogger. If you want to call me one then that's your prerogative
> > I guess. Personally, I can't stand the word.
> >
> > David
> > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Matt Savarino"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Your goal and/or style should not define the generic word "vlog".
> > >
> > > From a viewer's point of view, this is a video Web log...
> > > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com/archive/
> > >
> > > I'd then call you a vlogger since you are the creator.
> > > It that considered a bad thing now?
> > >
> > > -Matt
> > > http://vlogmap.org
> > >

> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,