Bill,

Your comments on the phone companies PLANS are insightful and accurate and
really get to the core of the whole net neutrality debate (another
bizzillion channels of TV controlled by one source - or free/open network)
... but, just a couple of things I would add

1) The phone companies have "been working on"/promised to do this for many
years and got a LOT of public support in one way or another and have not
delivered, so I wouldn't say this is any done deal for the near future. Of
course, they are much more motivated to do it now, since the FCC ruled that
they can ignore common carrier laws a year ago - and the year moratorium is
over - with the new fiber - so they will have a monopoly on ISP services on
the fiber that they control.

2) Now that Democrats control congress, it's definitely far from certain
that the phone companies will be able to legally allocate the band width
based on where the content comes from, since the chances of net neutrality
legislation passing is now very possible.

... I know what you said was not disagreeing with these things - just
thought it important to clarify these points.

... Richard

http://richardhhall.org
http://richardshow.com
http://inspiredhealing.tv