>  And since it's earlly days still, I think we HAVE to shout out about
>  this. We have to make a fuzz. We have to sue, if necessary. If not,
>  100s of other companies will do the same. We have to set the rules, or
>  they will set them, and that won't be good. And that's why it's good
>  to get angry. Because it makes us take the time to send that email,
>  although we know we won't get a response, to write that blogpost,
>  although it's just a blogpost, to digg that digglink, and so on.

agreed.
As Peter metioned in his talk at Vloggeron, companies will still
listen to us in these early days.
we are all helping shape the way online video works in these social networks.
We can help shape the healthy habits.

Video sites should provide linkbacks to the original blog post/hosting page.
This should be normal and obvious.

I also host much of my video on Blip.tv because it is the only video
hosting site that allows me to attach a CC license to my video when I
upload. (there should be more!)
This license is in the Blip RSS feed.
Any company can read the feed and see how they can use my video.
This should be normal and obvious.

If we dont speak up as Creators in these early days....no one will
care when bad habits are formed and everyone is making money down the
line.

Remember, we are not talking about spam blogs who are impossible to
deal with....except through URL redirects.
These are funded companies who are trying to do legitimate business.
I have no hate for MyHeavy; I assume they'll fix their habits after today.
Veoh and Network2 did a great job becoming more responsible.

We're building an ecology....and what Creators want need to be in the center.

Jay

--
Here I am....
http://jaydedman.com