It certainly seems like a hack of this kind is possible to get around
the 640x480 "baseline low-complexity" limitation of the iPod and iTunes.

What to do with that code escapes me, though. And I don't know whether
it can be used with the Windows version.

I'd like to hear back from someone who knows how to wrangle it,
especially in Windows.

Waz from CTK