Not true Kent.  I responded immediately to Lan and what was said shall remain
private.  It is over and we fully respect CC and producers work.

________________________________
From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kent
Nichols
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:51 AM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: irina gone

Not to fully rehash the Lan situation, but we all make mistakes.
Mistakes are human, it's how we handle mistakes that determines our
character.

When the mistake was brought to your attention, and an invoice was
presented, you ignored/didn't pay it. If you truly believed in CC,
you would have acknowledged the mistake, paid Lan's reasonable invoice
(and it was quite reasonable), and then made a donation to CC on top
of that.

Instead you paid Lan a fee he did not agree to and he bittersweetly
donated it to CC, to which you hastily agreed to donate when you saw
public opinion was against you.

If a small company like PodTech, who is actually aware of CC, doesn't
really respect or understand CC, then how are we as creators going to
ever get larger companies to understand it?

The same goes with this Trademark issue. You trademarked it because
you see value there. Value for your company. Not for the industry,
not for the community, but for you.

Great for you. Yippee. But it leaves the community in a lurch.

Create a non-profit, give the trademark to it, and let's move on.

-Kent, askaninja.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com<mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
John Furrier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kent,
> We are not shitting on the creative commons. We are proponents of
it. A mistake was made plain and simple.