If you want the group to be alive, you have to contribute. Are you
only recently disgusted by the group, or were you disgusted for other
reasons in the past that mean you've hardly ever said anything here?

Dont ask me why so many topics here do not turn into a conversation.
For sure some of the conversations that do happen are about VC and
other business issues, but some of the longest conversations seem to
be about tearing a new orifice for comapnies that have wasted VC money.

Theres lots of people here who used to post a lot more in the past,
but are largely inactive, that I really miss. Id love to hear a lot
more opinions and have more conversations about everything. I talk too
much here, I was hoping that balance would be restored by more people
having more, and longer, conversations about stuff. But gnerally it
dont seem to be happening, Id gladly put hundreds of hours and a
little money into a solution if there was one that anybody could agree
on. Is there anywhere else on the net that people are having lots of
conversations about vlogging? All the people that dont tlk so much
anymore, are they having the conversations elsewhere in the net, or in
the physical world, or privately with their on or offline friends, or
at conferences?

Thats not to diminish all the fine flow of information, and
conversations, that do happen here, and those that contribute, however
short or infrequently. Oh well Im sure there are dozens of reasons why
people go away, tis a shame, especially for a sad git like me who
doesnt have freinds in the real world who want to talk about any of
this stuff, and who isolates myself by putting opinion before human
warmth.

Still its your right to be disgusted, I wont propose that a permit is
required to display such emotions ;)

Anyway regarding the speific issue at hand, I didnt join inbecause Im
not in the states and so I thought maybe I shouldnt be interfering in
issues that a particular local government are making, that wont affect
me. I feel strongly that I should show solidarity and it is an
important issue. Laws and the application of power are one of the
biggest theoretical threats to videoblogging freedom for humanity in
future.

But I do like detail, and not hyping the threat, and so I think its
worth saying that as far as Ive read, this law will not affect all
videobloggers who may want to do their thang in NYC in future.
Specifically I read that the proposal applies to the following:

"an interaction among two or more people at a single site for 30 or
more minutes."

"Permits would also be required for five or more people using a tripod
for more than 10 minutes."

So the proposed law is an ass that could be avoided by shooting for 29
minutes at a time, doing it alone, not using a tripod etc?

Whats their motive in this? A simple revenue generating exercise, a
part of a trend towards cracking down on all sorts of human behaviour
in NYC, a deliberate attack on the amateur, other?

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Bluestein"