For the record, a lot of African-Americans dislike, abhor and will not
watch BET. It has not been "BET" since it was sold it to Sumner
Redstone's Viacom. It was sliding downhill before the purchase.

Viacom has systematically stripped BET of its news and public affairs
departments, the hours of faith based programming and anything else
that did not include a 40oz and a gold chain. They amplify the stereotype.

There are alternatives like TVOne http://www.tvoneonline.com and
formerly the Black Family Channel which is making its transition to
broadband distribution.

This is why videoblogging and alternative media distribution is so
important.

And would Chris Rock need to insert a clip from a poontang clip to
make his point?

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was imagining the swath of video's comments if it was on YouTube. I
> also imagined this video if Chris Rock did it.
>
> I also keep thinking about that "Read a Book" animated short that was
> featured on BET some time ago that made the rounds. (NSFW, language,
> etc, disclaim, disclaim, etc) http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1767003
>
> Do we allow ourselves to find something funny if we have the context
> around it to imply that it's okay? "A black guy did it and BET
> approves" for example, kinda says a lot. If a white guy did "Read a
> Book"...? Holy crap.
>
> The other problem is the universal belief in what's acceptable or not.
> Take two people, same race, opposing opinions on the word 'nigga' for
> example.
>
> It's an awesome argument that can never be won or lost.
>
> ER
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Hope" <charles@> wrote:
> >
> > Bourgeois? This sort of humor is much, much more commonly enjoyed by
> lower class whites. In educated circles, such as this list, racist
> humor is universally denounced. As the past 30 emails monotonously
> indicate!
> >
> > In other cultures around the world, racist humor is typically
> acceptable, only liberal western societies having declared war upon it
> in the name of globalism. Instead of exhibiting white privledge, this
> episode exhibits white repression, being the unique culture where
> xenophobia is forbidden.

It's

<http://billcammack.com/2006/11/21/kramer-flips-out-d/>) to