Man I wish I lived near other members of this group. This post (and
this one too "Problem with flash compression")remind me of this past
summer. Has summer really passed that fast?

After reading Gena's detailed post, I don't have anything to add to
it. I am bookmarking it though. Looks like a solid solution to keep
handy as reference.

It did get me thinking ...

I wasn't able to access the manufacturer's manual section of their
site. I did find specs on a Ritz Camera page.
<http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP5439600.htm>
I am assuming you were using the USB port but...

Interfaces/Ports: 1 x USB , 1 x Audio/Video Output

The (audio/video) outputs? Could you import using a devise like the
Hollywood DV Bridge?

http://thepcradioshow.blogspot.com/