I have nothing against the manifesto (mostly), I said as much in an
eariler message, but I was simply asking questions, looking at it
from a different perspective.

> > What happens when vloggers no longer want to create
> > Lumieres because they don't want to be associated with Andreas's
>and
> > Brittany's manifesto?
>
> Heath I think you've got this the wrong way about. If I make a
> surrealist work am I also subject to Breton's surrealist
>manifesto?
> Why? How? Aside from that if I make a work that picks up some or
>all
> of the points of the manifesto then how aren't you associated with
>it?
> Whether positive or negative? I guess for me it is important to
> recognise that manifestos are intended to be probes and
>provocations
> and if they are treated as dogma (that's sort of a double entendre
> really) then they're not a manifesto.

But Andreas has stated, that in addition to linking to a video if
someone emails him, that if he or Brittany come accross a Lumiere
they will then also link to it...But what if the person doesn't want
to be linked to because they don't believe in this manifesto?  Look,
I know the web is a great big link fest, but in cases like this, I
think it bears pondering that practice. Cheryl has already stated
that she will no longer make Lumiere's because she doesn't want to be
associated with the manifesto, I find that troubling.  How many
others feel that way?  If Andreas were giving people the choice to be
associated with the site he has, I wouldn't feel the way I do, but he
doesn't always do that, and that is where my concern lies.

Again, I know people link from all over the web, it's a part of what
makes the web so great (I do it) and yes I realize that anyone can
link to anything at any given time...but maybe just because we can
doesn't mean we should....

Heath
http://batmangeek.com