Excellent points Mike, espeacially about Andreas "solution" to not
wanting to be associated with his site....

What I find interesting in this discussion, is that Andreas said he
wanted to create discussion and yet, for the most part he has not
participated in this discussion....there are valid questions and
concerns being raised and he and Brittany are silent....I find that
very telling....

Heath
http://batmangeek.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Moon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> wasn't sure I could abide by the added philosophical views of the
> manifesto, even though I was still within the 6 rules initially
outlines.
> Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'm not a lawyer, University Professor or
> philosopher that is able to dig deep into the interpretations of the
> document, I just kept seeing "we" throughout the document and felt I
> was either in or out... no gray area.
> I'm just Joe vlogger that enjoyed the 6 challenges that were
original
> setup and now felt there were more restrictions and beliefs that
took
> the fun out of it.
>
> After reading through this thread, I was pissed at the way Roxie's
> oversight was responded by Andreas. We're all in the same world...
> brothers and sisters of one species. There was no reason for such
> anger and disdain and it certainly could have been responded to with
> better tact.
>
> Adrian:
> To your Question about having video's removed from the list. The
only
> solution Andreas has responded with is to "delete the video". Delete
> it from it's original posted location... delete it from Blip (or
> whatever storage location) and lose all links including those to
other
> sites or discussions.
>
> I don't want to remove my Lumieres. I will just debate within myself
> if I'll do more and if I do create others, will I share with the
> Lumiere site.
>
> It's too bad really... in my mind it was just suppose to be a
creative
> video exercise that challenged me, not a viewpoint of video creation
> that I was suppose to agree with.
>

> Mike
> Vlogger and Lumiere creator.
> http://vlog.mikemoon.net
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@>
> wrote:
> >
> > hi Heath
> >
> > fair enough, I think there are some reasonable concerns in there.
> > guess it is one thing to more or less curate material that
relates to
> > the lumiere project, but there are issues if the curation is
done
> > automagically, as it were.
> >
> > On the other hand I have no doubt that Andreas and Brittany
wouldn't
> > have a problem with removing links to someone's work if they
asked.

> > personally I think curating material that relates to a theme is
> > excellent, it is just manual tag clouding really :-) helps
promote
> > stuff too!
> >
> > On 16/01/2008, at 12:59 AM, Heath wrote:
> >
> > > But Andreas has stated, that in addition to linking to a video
if
> > > someone emails him, that if he or Brittany come accross a
Lumiere
> > > they will then also link to it...But what if the person doesn't
want
> > > to be linked to because they don't believe in this manifesto?
Look,