Yes thats an interesting service, although the comments on Scoble's blog post
about it,
give an indication of some of the reservations people have about this sort of
thing:

http://scobleizer.com/2007/12/04/bloggers-hot-new-commenting-system-from-
disqus/

Im not sure it goes too far at harnessing all those forums to make a broader
community,
well it does, just not quite how Id imagined it, maybe it is a good model,
maybe it is a tad
confusing or open to stalking abuse, I dunno, I need to look at the other
similar services.
Its good to know there are people trying this stuff, I have my doubts about
their chances
of success.

Maybe comments/forums/whatever being aggregated together, so that the hub isnt
the
host of that data, only the window to seeing it all in once place, is the
answer, but Im not
quite sure how that would be done in a way that people can actually digest
stuff nicely.

I just cant get excited about single services that require a lot of users to
make their plan
work. Need lots of different services & software that is interoperable. Signing
up to another
service that will be the centre of your digital life for at least the next 5
minutes, is growing
tiresome. And this is still true even though companies are trying harder than
ever to open
up more, I just not sure the 'promised land' can be reached unless they open up
to such an
extent that they exterminate their own potential revenue stream dreams.

Oh well, I guess the web is likely to remain a tangled web with plenty of
fragmentation, for
the forseeable. I suppose it is a great strength as well as a weakness - oh the
splendid
inconveniences and inefficiency of it all.

Cheers

Steve Elbows