Agreed.  Sorry Adam but that article was garbage.  No references and
pure fear mongering.  As i read Jay's first post I thought about how
we've moved away from uninformed fear mongering arguments about net
neutrality.  Does anyone remember the Rocketboom highway analogy
video? Anyone who's ever tried to do some work at 10 PM in a business
traveler's hotel understands how detrimental a lack of network
management can be.  While some guests are downloading films over bit
torrent, others are waiting 30 minutes just to check their email.

Network management isn't going to go away.  It's useful for multiple
reasons.  The primary reason being customer satisfaction.  However,
rules that discourage anti-competitiveness are necessary.  Obviously
ISP shouldn't be aloud to completely block content, only modify it's
priority. i.e. Prioritize VOIP packets while delaying bittorrent
packets.  The best solution I can imagine would be in the form of
network management transparency with the public or a government
agency.