Yeah, the only way I got my friends and family to watch my personal
videos was by subscribing them via RSS-email myself, and telling them
to click on the link to confirm.  Now that I've done it, they're quite
happy.  Unless the video doesn't play inside the email, in which case
they mostly can't be bothered to click on the link to watch on the site.
You can lead a horse to water, etc.

Is there any value in forcing your video under the noses of people who
say they're interested but can't actually be bothered to?

The best you can do is provide a BitTorrent explanation for novices -
and even then, most people will balk at having to download an app to
do it.
But fuck it - that's what keeps it underground, right?  Otherwise, you
might as well put it on Facebook or YouTube.

Personally, I'm excited by what you've done.  It never occurred to me
to make longer form content available via BitTorrent.  It opens up all
sorts of possibilities that didn't exist in the ADHD world of
traditional vlog and blog viewing.  It's maybe like the video version
of authors releasing e-book novels and stories.  Something about it
demands more attention than if it were dumped up on a blog entry.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv