--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taulpaulmpls"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Agreed Jon,
>
> The example I pointed out was vague terminology.  The real
> conversation was much more specific when we asked the content creator
> what they were willing, and not willing to do.  When that was agreed
> upon, the pricing was a separate issue.
>
> Another great point you made, and I agree with, is that every content
> creator has a different set of standards for partnerships with
> sponsors (advertisers), and each will be willing or not willing to do
> certain things.  (i.e. endorsements may not be ok, but placement
> scripted into the video may be just fine) That gives the creator
> freedom to make that choice.
>
> I remember this guy who was doing videos when I first started in this
> group.  He was hunting for Civil War relics on battlefields in the
> south.  His videos showed him using a metal detector, how to look for
> these types of artifacts, and how to identify the artifacts.  I had
> little interest in this type of hobby, but the content was consistent,
> and I could see the benefit for enthusiasts in this area.  I believe
> this example went into the long tail, and I saw multiple opportunities
> for sponsorship, if he chose to go that direction.

Dear Paul,

How can you talk about "multiple opportunities for sponsorship" when
you do not believe in the thing you are "sponsoring"?

I am aware Civil War enthusiasm has turned into a cottage industry and
the marketers are paying attention to us now.

And while I appreciate your vulture advice, I hope you don't take this
the wrong way when I tell you to buzz off.  If I accepted
"sponsorships" from outside of the historical community, it would
change the very nature of what I am doing.  No longer would I be
serving this community, instead I would be serving the sponsors who
quite frankly, I do not believe care one lick about the Civil War.
Your statement that you have no interest in the "hobby" only
reinforces this belief.

I know you think sponsorships will help make my program more
accessible.  You believe accessibility and an expanded audience to be
a good thing.  But how far will it go?  I have no doubt I could
deliver millions of viral views if I showed my buttcrack while loading
a musket. Paul!  You do not understand this "hobby"!  And you do not
understand the importance of things!

The small, yet enthusiastic, audience are the reason my "consistent
content" exists in the first place.  And I will not let your
commercial schemes alienate them.

Thank you,
Buzz off,

- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -