Hi Rob--

I've only had the HF100 for a few months, and I'm new to video (I'm a radio 
journalist by training,) so I'm afraid I won't be able to provide you with a 
useful evaluation.  

The mini jack for the external mike works with my audio technica shotgun and 
other mikes.  I am pleased with the camera.    Here's a link  to a piece I did 
with the Canon http://vimeo.com/1770480 "Tibetan Migrant Worker at the 
Olympics."  The 16:9 sound in this video was recorded with the HF100's  
internal mike.  (The atrocious sound accompanying the 4:3 video was done with 
an old xacti.)

The "stabilization" issues are because, at the time I filmed this  I didn't yet 
have a tripod:)

The salesman at B&H convinced me this was the best value for money in its class.

Jocelyn
Beijing
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Rob Schendel 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 6:48 PM
  Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Sanyo Xacti HD1010 / Canon HF100 4MP MPEG4 
High Definition 1080i/1080p Camcorder with 10x


  I am pleased to know that there is someone here who has experience with the
  Canon Vixia HF100, as it is in my shopping cart, and I am one click away
  from buying it.

  Although you may be having difficulty with importing to Adobe Premiere,
  that wouldn't be an issue for me on my iMac.

  Would you, or someone else in the group, be kind enough to tell me about
  their experience with this camcorder? The image stabilization, and external
  mic jacks, as well as no moving parts, have pretty well sold me on this
  model.

  The people I've asked, on Twitter, didn't give me any advise.

  Thanks for the help!

  Rob
  www.twittter.com/robschendel

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to