I went ahead and purchased the FS100, for many of the reasons mentioned
earlier.
In the attached photo, that I took a minute ago, you can see the mic jack,
as well as the AV out jack, which will accomodate headphones.

So far so good with this camera, although I haven't yet connected it to the
computer, charged the battery, or loaded the software.  I've got some work
to do.

Rob
www.twitter.com/robschendel

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 8:46 AM, John Coffey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>   I totally concur with Richard. Stupid not to have both.
>
> Jimmy CraicHead TV Video Podcast about Sailing, Travel, Craic and Cocktails
> www.jchtv.com
>
> --- On Fri, 9/26/08, Richard Amirault <[EMAIL 
> PROTECTED]<ramirault%40verizon.net>>
> wrote:
>
> From: Richard Amirault <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <ramirault%40verizon.net>>
>
> Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Sanyo Xacti HD1010 / Canon HF100 4MP MPEG4
> High Definition 1080i/1080p Camcorder with 10x
> To: [email protected] <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 7:38 PM
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Caleb J. Clark"
>
> > my bad, this Cnet article said "no headphone jack" not Mic...that's
> > fantastic, it looks like a great camera.
>
> A mic jack without a headphone jack is an accident waiting to happen. Yes,
> a
> headphone jack is better than no headphone jack .. but unless you can hear
> what you are recording, or at the very minimum see a VU meter response of
> the audio, you really can't tell how the recording the turn out untill
> after
> the event is over.
>
> Richard Amirault
> Boston, MA, USA
> http://n1jdu. org
> http://bostonfandom .org
> http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=J7hf9u2ZdlQ
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>  
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to