Rob & Jocelyn, here's a page in a review of the Canon Vixia HF10  
which describes why you're having problems.
http://www.microfilmmaker.com/reviews/Issue33/HF10_6.html
And here's his workflow to get around it:
http://www.microfilmmaker.com/tipstrick/Issue33/HF10WKTH.html
Same as for the HF100 - it records 24P Normal in AVCHD.  There are  
all sorts of issues with AVCHD files and editing programs. The latest  
versions of Premiere, Vegas, FCP & iMovie seem able to cope with them  
- although I've been reading problems that Chuck Olsen's had with the  
Canon HG20 this week even using iMovie 08.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv


On 22-Sep-08, at 3:48 AM, Rob Schendel wrote:

I am pleased to know that there is someone here who has experience  
with the
Canon Vixia HF100, as it is in my shopping cart, and I am one click away
from buying it.

Although you may be having difficulty with importing to Adobe Premiere,
that wouldn't be an issue for me on my iMac.

Would you, or someone else in the group, be kind enough to tell me about
their experience with this camcorder? The image stabilization, and  
external
mic jacks, as well as no moving parts, have pretty well sold me on this
model.

The people I've asked, on Twitter, didn't give me any advise.

Thanks for the help!

Rob
www.twittter.com/robschendel

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to