Joomla as Video Portal
---
Here's something that I don't know if any of you know about.
http://hwdmediashare.co.uk

 From the website:

"hwdVideoShare is a powerful video gallery for Joomla that allows you
to display video media in an organised and managable layout on the
Internet. hwdVideoShare can handle the uploading, server-side
processing and playback of large video media in all popular formats. "

I'm looking at this for the 'large project' I've been talking about
for the last year or so, but it's an alpha release right now, and the
current styling is not very good. The developer seems to be the bomb,
though, he's making it happen real quick and has a great reputation
for delivering outstanding support very quickly. From what I can see,
that's an understatement.

I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go, but this is a possibility.

There is also a real nice video tool for joomla, called All Videos
Reloaded: http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/

Very cool stuff.

Joomla is becoming much more robust, and is really starting to
embrace media and social networking.

Check out my old standard: http://k9disc.com .

If you goto Main Menu>Connect>Disc Dog Cantina to see a brand
spankin' new Social Networking component, JomSocial, in action.

I think it looks pretty slick and has been well received by the disc
dog community.

I'm not real happy with the organizational structure, but I'm about
ready to wrap it into that 'large project'.

More on the 'large project'
---
I'm in the process of creating a dog sport community, not unlike
k9disc.com - but BIGGER - that will feature pay to play instructional
video, a facebook-esque social network, affiliate vendor support, and
online magazine.

If anyone is interested in discussing Joomla as a media/social
network platform, I'd be happy to engage in that conversation. I've
been buried in the application for a few months now, and have a lot
of information to share.

I think Joomla has been overlooked and is under-appreciated
application by this community, and would really like to see a little
focus put on it by some of you serious video geeks.

I sure could use someone to bounce ideas off of.

peace,
Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com