The dreamhost post and an email I received at the same time, reminded
me of this thread about Joomla as a video host. I also just happen to
be cutting screenshots for a powerpoint presentation.

So...
Back to the early days of December myfirstmemory was asking about
video uploading to joomla.

One of the things I mentioned was HWDvideoshare ( http://
hwdmediashare.co.uk/ ) .

One of the responses was that it was too ugly to use.

Here's how it wound up looking for me:

http://k9athlete.com/images/stories/devscreenshots/videoplex.jpg

I changed the site back to blue, so I'll have to skin it again, but
it's real nice looking, I think.

It also does JW player, to whatever specs are available on the player
at present.

Perl uploader, mencoder, ffmpeg... it's a pretty nice solution.

I'm still on a shared server, so I've not been able to get it all up
and running...

It should handle user generated submissions for myfirstmemory and
will be handling them for my site.

I know it's a little late, a month later and all, but my memory was
jogged and it was sitting right in front of me.

I think it's worth taking another look at.

Peace,

Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com