I am a youtube partner http://www.youtube.com/xgobobeanx
we can not discuss our money in public, and yes there are different tiers of
partners.

I wonder why people are so fixated on the money.  I think everyone should be
a little more supportive.  We put a lot of effort into making videos and
being involved in the social communities to promote it.

Jill

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Lisa Rein <[email protected]> wrote:

>   I just wish the actual money wasn't all hush hush.
>
> it is my understanding the youtube partners sign an nda and can't talk
> about what they make.
>
> is that still the case for ALL youtube partners? (hoping some on this list
> might speak up)
>
> it is also my understanding that, because no one can talk about what they
> make, youtube is able to make different deals with each of it's partners
> -- giving some people more than others etc.
>
> My information is over a year old at this point (it was at that time that
> I interviewed several youtube partners, several anonymously - for an
> article I never published) - so I'd love to know, quickly, like always :),
> if any of this has changed.
>
> I'll take a COMPLETE silence as a "yes" btw - since the youtube partners
> will be under contract not to talk, if I understand correctly. (all
> patriot act style :)
>
> best,
>
> lisa
>
> > Here's an article in today's NYT that probably doesnt tell you anything
> > you
> > dont already know:
> > <
> >
> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/business/media/11youtube.html?_r=2&ref=todayspaper
> >>
> >
> > I've met both of the subjects and they are really passionate about their
> > vids as well as very serious about doing them as a job... and its working
> > out for them.
> >
> >
> > Schlomo Rabinowitz
> > http://schlomo.tv - finally moving to wordpress
> > http://hatfactory.net - relaxed coworking
> > AIM:schlomochat
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
> Lisa Rein
>
> http://onlisareinsradar.com
> http://www.lisarein.com
>
>  
>



-- 
http://www.youtube.com/xgobobeanx
http:/www.twitter.com/jillhanner


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to