Thanks. It does. Maybe it¹s an older version of the macbook pro. I will email and ask.
Irene Duma Strange Duck Media Web Design and Creative Marketing Blogging easy computer tips http://www.strangeduck.com/blog and comedy at http://www.bittertonic.com St. John¹s Address: 12 Allan Square St. John's, NL A1C 4A8 T. 709-726-6178 C.709-699-8205 From: Dom Zook <[email protected]> Reply-To: <[email protected]> Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:48:25 -0800 To: <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Macbook pro questions VRM is video RAM, your video card's memory. 512 is great. The video card should be able to pump out full HD resolution to an external monitor. I don't know what the Super is in there for, other than marketing purposes. The 17-inch MBP should offer 1920x1200 resolution, I'm not sure what they are playing at here. This was one of the touted new features. I think macdoc sells mattes to place on the screen? Maybe? That's just a weird resolution, I'm not sure what they mean. The display is shiny. You can't get around it. The new MBP's are only shiny. Hope this helps! Dom Zook GadZook Films http://blog.gadzookfilms.com http://twitter.com/gadzook http://store.gadzookfilms.com On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Irene Duma <[email protected] <mailto:irene%40strangeduck.com> > wrote: > I¹m considering this machine for video editing as I found a great deal > at > macdoc.com (which is a super shop for those in Ontario) but wondering > about > some of the specs > > MacBook Pro 17" 2.5GHz 4GB/ 250GB / 512VRM/ Super 1680x1050 Matte > > What¹s VRM? Is 512 a lot? > > At this screen resolution, is HD editing possible? Is the super standing > for > Super VGA? If I use external monitor, is 1680x1050 still the highest > resolution? > > Is matte better than shiny? > > Thanks for you help. I tried searching, but didn¹t get results for the VRM > question. > > Irene > > Irene Duma > Strange Duck Media > > Web Design and Creative Marketing > Blogging easy computer tips http://www.strangeduck.com/blog > and comedy at http://www.bittertonic.com > > St. John¹s Address: > 12 Allan Square > St. John's, NL > A1C 4A8 > T. 709-726-6178 > C.709-699-8205 > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
