To be fair, Wordpress, along with other blog and CMS solutions, is hyped all
over the place as being easy and requiring no knowledge of much of anything.
Unless you're happy with one of the simpler free templates and never
upgrade, it isn't true, but there are reasons some of us less geek-smart
folks jumped to it, even if they turned out to be bad reasons.
When I contemplated moving from typepad to wordpress I was told by so many
people:
"If you can use typepad you can use wordpress, and migrating is easy"
"There are so many good templates you won't need to code anything, even for
that video stuff you want to do."
"Because it has pages you can replace your whole web site without needing to
code anything."
"It's perfect for you, you won't have to pay someone to set up what you want
to do."

WIth the exception of the migrating of data, which was easy, none of it was
true.

Etc etc etc etc etc etc. WIth the exception of the migrating of data, which
was indeed easy, none of it was true. All from people who used it, knew how
to code but who also knew that I could barely cut and paste my way through
editing some simple html.

So many of us are NOT "the same people that buy a car and expect to never
have to
change the oil in it." We just bought the hype that no oil was  necessary to
begin with.

A little googling reveals the same stuff now being hyped about CMS like
Drupal and Joomla.

So since I'm not in a position to pay anyone to do these things for me, I'm
learning CSS and whatever else I have to learn. I don't want to, but I sure
wish I'd known I had no choice back when I first jumped in.

Brook