I was looking for something else and I found
http://www.iorgsoft.com/Mod-Converter that has the ability to import MKV and
possibly to export in that format as well.

I've never used the program, but I do have a camcorder that records in the .mod
format. It took a while to work out the conversion/editing problem.

It is only $29 and seems to come in a PC and Mac version.

Hope this helps,

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com