"Heath" <heathpa...@...> wrote:

> what can I say, it works for me, Sony Vegas and Windows, for me a match made
> in heaven  lol....And I gave up on the Bengals a while ago...

Heath is right.  But Michael is right too.  I've used windows forever - mostly
I suppose because I could never afford a Mac.  I also love the flexibility that
I have.  I can use whatever sound card I want - whatever video card I want, and
like that.  But the real reason I use it - is Vegas.  Such a wonderful program,
easy to use, flexible and does anything that you want.  Very intuitive, and I
especially like the fact that it was developed by sound people, so the entire
layout comes from a sound perspective.  I guess if I had gone to film school,
and had learned on an Avid or Mac system, then I would have liked that, but
every time I see somebody working on one of those systems, I come away
wondering how they do it.  It just seems kludgy and old fashioned.  As for
crashing, I guess that used to be a problem.  It doesn't happen to me, but I
can't say what others experience is.  As for the Mac side, lots of folks have
wonderful luck with it, and work it day and night, so it must be very good.
Milt