Yes, they are both right.  Both can use one system successfully for years.
I'd bet both can make the opposing system work well for them for years as
well.
It's largely preference, culture and comfort.

I was comfortable on my custom built PC video workstation but was open to
macs as I used them in school.
I like both and dislike both.  My only point was that one is more hyped and
stylish and cool and usually more expensive than the other.

And the security difference is only based on mass of adoption of one over
the other, not some superior tech... just a nice convenience for marketing.
speaking of marketing, i think apple has been insulting to people who dont
use macs in their user portrayals.  Hence the 'cool people use macs' spin.
microsoft is finally starting to do a good job countering that in their
commercials and doing it in a seemingly less biased manner.

and yes i am sour after spending so much money on my macbookpro... that my
power adapter burned itself out, my battery stopped charging, my replacement
battery exploded, i am constantly electrically shocked, my blood circulation
is cutoff due to hard edges near my wrists, i've seen the frozen rainbow of
death many times, apple software is often unintuitive-buggy-bloated, i have
keys sticking and squeaking, and a blown speaker and most osx
features/software i end up not needing/using.  christ, i even had to buy
quicktime pro which should be included for free by now.

no, apple macs are not perfect.  mine demonstrates that well.  i've had
better luck with an assortment of PCs.
and i'm looking forward to testing windows7 and/or some linux flavors
again.  All these latest Operating Systems are pretty slick so apple no long
has a big edge.  and since apple hardware is really nothing special from
china.... i'm happy to look elsewhere once the time is right or this thing
just out-right dies on me.

sull

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Milt Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>  "Heath" <heathpa...@...> wrote:
>
> > what can I say, it works for me, Sony Vegas and Windows, for me a match
> made in heaven lol....And I gave up on the Bengals a while ago...
>
> Heath is right. But Michael is right too. I've used windows forever -
> mostly I suppose because I could never afford a Mac. I also love the
> flexibility that I have. I can use whatever sound card I want - whatever
> video card I want, and like that. But the real reason I use it - is Vegas.
> Such a wonderful program, easy to use, flexible and does anything that you
> want. Very intuitive, and I especially like the fact that it was developed
> by sound people, so the entire layout comes from a sound perspective. I
> guess if I had gone to film school, and had learned on an Avid or Mac
> system, then I would have liked that, but every time I see somebody working
> on one of those systems, I come away wondering how they do it. It just seems
> kludgy and old fashioned. As for crashing, I guess that used to be a
> problem. It doesn't happen to me, but I can't say what others experience is.
> As for the Mac side, lots of folks have wonderful luck with it, and work it
> day and night, so it must be very good.
> Milt
>
>  
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to