--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ratbagradio" <ratbagra...@...> wrote:

> As they say in radio: forget about the hardware.

They also say in radio: write out your script! because unless you are master of
your domain you can fall victim to so many traps and mistakes.

Unless you have cue cards that's not very viable in video production but it is
the norm nonetheless for most of television and especially news reporting.

There's even of course reading style in sync with writing style with cute
little tricks for page layout...and inflexion.

But if you are going to improvise then you'd need full prep as to what you are
going to say and to whom you intend to say it.So it's a big ask when you decide
to wing it and it's no wonder the umms and errs can creep in.

The best way round is to go do some Improv training or Theatresports. Some
handy techniques there. Even your everyday  stand up comic goes out  on stage
fully prepped and scripted only with   a very small margin of improvisational
change  each night and often with palm cards.

I used to do Punch and Judy and it was totally scripted performance which was
only added to when some thing really good came up or was suggested.

Other techniques I've used and rely on is to write out Mind Maps and visualize
the presentation that way. Online I now use Mindmeister:
http://www.mindmeister.com/
People I know before giving a lecture will lay it out first in Powerpoint
because it anchors their mind and gives formatted order to their presentation.
Even when they don;t use projection they mentally visualize their presentation
slide by slide .

I think that's a great idea....because it's all about being in control of your
material.

dave riley