I know we return to this every so often - how to add more
functionality to this list...  I just had a thought, so I wanted to
jot it down here while it was still fresh.

It seems to me that we could benefit from a Facebook-style, Ning-style
or Drupal-based site where we could have this same kind of disussion
forum, but where we could also upload/link a lot of other content -
particularly videos - and connect in other ways.

What I want is a bridge between RSS, Twitter, threaded discussions,
community hub and information archive.

I want a non-corporate community-owned place where I can go, where
there are lots of online video people, where I can:

a) post links to things of interest (i do that here sometimes)
b) Bookmark videos I like (harder to do that here)
c) chat in asynchronous twitter style but with preserved threads that
allow more than just statement > response > end
d) talk about more serious internet video things (i do that here)
f) Bookmark whole sites/channels/videoblogs, like a vlogroll, but much
larger, and with an aggregated directory of all sites for everyone to
browse, in categories.
g) Form groups for different types of people/sites/channels/videos/
interests
h) post other types of content - photos, etc
i) a place for people to come up with & coordinate collaborative
projects and challenges like vbweek
j) an archive like the videoblogginggroup Wiki for sharing advice &
suggestions

Oh my god, this sounds like Facebook for online video people.  But I
HATE Facebook.  So how come?  I think what I hate most about Facebook
is the lack of boundary between people from different parts of your
life - work, home, hobbies, etc.  I want something like Facebook, but
that's a videoblogging ghetto.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv