> I am pleased that the FTC has revised its guidelines so that they cover
> bloggers who do not disclose fee's or freebies they receive from companies:
> I have not yet had time to read the full arguments of those who are against
> this, though I start from the position of viewing their stance with quite
> some skepticism.
> Thou shalt not shill without disclosure sounds fair enough to me.

You dont know the US very well. Criticism stands on complete anger
that the government would regulate the web at all.
--Who's going to keep track? Who pays for this supervision? More bureaucracy.
--Bloggers especially feel it's an attempt to limit their ability to
take on big power by entrapping them in legal limbo by silly lawsuits.
--it starts by regulating "disclosure". what will be next? It'll get
to the point where an individual person needs so much paperwork and
legal help to blog that only big companies can afford it...thus taking
away why the web has been cool.
--The web is global territory. So if you (in England) dont disclose
something on your blog, will the FBI come after you? Will they then
get Scotland Yard to arrest you?

This a brief rundown of worries.

Jay

--