The only argument is if it was something done in the UK that was not a
crime in UK law.
But if it is, or if it was committed in the USA, then if the US
decides something is worthy of extradition, it's a done deal.  No
court can overrule it, no argument can be made by the individual being
extradited.
So - you're better off going to any other EU country, all of whom
refused to sign unless the US reciprocated.  Which, of course, they
refused to do.