Has anyone got any suggestions for good cheap studio lighting?

My blog is here:
http://www.eevblog.com
As you can see I film almost entirely in my workshop in a fixed seated position:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/WorkshopBeforeAfter.jpg
I currently have two strip fluoros, one above and to the side, and the other
above directly in front and above. Plus two standard CFL's in the garage a fair
way away.

Not the best lighting conditions by far, I know, so I'd like to improve. I'm
aware that fluoro's are pretty horrible to film under too.

I've tried a 500W halogen flood light on stand, but it's just too bright, too
hot, and the stand gets in the way.
I'm after something I can mount on the wall in front of me to replace or
supplement the current fluoro in front that lights me face-on.

I'm thinking possibly some form of LED strips I can mount down the wall
perhaps? (e.g. eBay have tons of these types of LED strips)

I'm not supposed to be spending money on my "silly blog" :->, so can't really
spend hundreds on a solution to this.

Any advice or pointers appreciated.

Thanks
Dave.