--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.ded...@...> wrote:

> > Has anyone got any suggestions for good cheap studio lighting?
> > My blog is here:
> > http://www.eevblog.com
> > As you can see I film almost entirely in my workshop in a fixed seated
> > position:
> > http://www.alternatezone.com/images/WorkshopBeforeAfter.jpg
> > I currently have two strip fluoros, one above and to the side, and the
> > other above directly in front and above. Plus two standard CFL's >in the
> > garage a fair way away.
>
> I am a big fan of using what you have.  Im looking at your latest
> video:
> http://www.eevblog.com/2009/10/12/eevblog-37-rigol-ds1052e-oscilloscope-teardown/
>
> Whats the problem? You have enough flouescent lights in different
> places to avoid shadows. Looks great.

The flicker (not always there, seems to come and go) is pretty awful
BTW, I'm using an NTSC DV camera with 50Hz mains.
And there is shadowing on the right side, plus I think it's a pretty harsh
light, and can often make my pale skin glow white!
The camera performs much better outdoors light of course, so I know better
lighting will improve things in general.
Plus it seems to vary based on time of day, and temperature etc.

I don't want any portable solution, I want something permanent on the walls I
don't have to fuss with. i.e. no portable spots I have to move around and push
out of the way when I'm working.

I do have a spare fluoro somewhere, so I might try that on the far end to fill
in the shadow and see how it goes.

Thanks
Dave.