Hi Adam,

If you're looking for hacks with existing OSX tools I can't help you
but I'll offer this.

Some time ago I upgraded from ishowu to iShowu HD ($29.95 and $59.95
versions) which has the ability to insert a small window in your
screencast. Works pretty well but iShowU remains a processor intensive
app and I see dropped frames unless I keep other apps closed.

I've come across Screenflow more recently ($99 at
http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm
) and their trial version seemed more efficient and stable to me. I
like the presentation and various effects of Screenflow better and
it's also pretty low in cost like iShowU HD.

Camtasia @ $99 is finally available for the Mac and is certainly worth
a trial download as well.

/jules

---