From: Julian Seery Gude <jul...@exceler8.com>
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, October 22, 2009 11:42:06 AM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Best Option for "Pic in Pic" While Screencasting?

Hi Adam,

If you're looking for hacks with existing OSX tools I can't help you
but I'll offer this.

Some time ago I upgraded from ishowu to iShowu HD ($29.95 and $59.95
versions) which has the ability to insert a small window in your
screencast. Works pretty well but iShowU remains a processor intensive
app and I see dropped frames unless I keep other apps closed.

I've come across Screenflow more recently ($99 at http://www.telestre
am.net/screen- flow/overview. htm
) and their trial version seemed more efficient and stable to me. I
like the presentation and various effects of Screenflow better and
it's also pretty low in cost like iShowU HD.

Camtasia @ $99 is finally available for the Mac and is certainly worth
a trial download as well.

/jules

---