I love blip.tv because the video quality looks great (closest to source) & I
like how they post the embed codes & download links as I'm basically a lazy
(timepoor) person and like them so I don't have to think as much. youtube
compresses a lot. I suppose the other option is to upload onto our own
servers as in general (for me at least), since they're personal/niche videos
they're not getting a lot of views so likely wouldn't throw out the
bandwidth costs too much. I'd have to shift hosting sites though as I'm
still on my orig one which doesn't have the large storage like some of the
US cheaper ones. this would mean people would miss out on the traffic they
might get from people browsing all/topic vids on sites like blip/vimeo - the
community aspects. but I guess if it happened, there'd be other video
curation sites popping up where people can post urls for viewers to browse &
it wouldn't matter where they were hosted. (like Andrew Baron's new site?
haven't played there much yet)