On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM, loretabirkus <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Ok, I made three clips of different sounds that I tried and worked with. > > 1. The first clip, to my opinion, was set to a normal sound. However, I had > to clean that background noise. It was too loud, I think. The shotgun Azden > mic was mounted onto my camera. The camera was about 2 meters away from the > person. > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=KI_gZd4wAIw&sharing_token=BBiPa_6jlQVpK4CpszZNYw > > 2. This clip of the same person. I set the mic (same one) volume very low, > but when listening, I can tell that it's too low and when increasing the > sound, I get, of course, the background noise again. This time, the mic was > closer on a separate tripod. About a meter closer to the person. > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=dKJMtZFx_ho&sharing_token=h8BHzM5lL-C5IedM7Ln3RA > > 3. Third is the worst. After I figured out what contributed to the noise, > I'm not so angry at my mic anymore. To give you some background: the room > was empty, it's more like a conference room, with no windows, no curtains, > just several pictures and mirrors on the walls. Behind the walls was a > kitchen. The conf room is in the back of a small cafe. The mic was mounted > on my camera (same mic). And the camera was about 1 1/2 meters away from the > person. > I didn't manage to clean the background noise so I just worked with EQ and > it somewhat helped. I event suggested the person to refilm, but he didn't > care about the sound too much as long as he could tell the difference that > the background noise was reasonably lower. > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=kRFEBnwIz9s&sharing_token=qCiNoRTJ_iOogWHuCrwUig > > Only had a quick listen with my crap headphones at work... That last one sounds like typical office building background noise, i.e. not electronics preamp noise, but environment noise. Also, your gain is too high, his speech clearly gets clipped at the start. A lapel mic will likely solve your problem, it is the best choice in still interviews like this. Even a cheap $20 wired one is capable of producing excellent results. Dave. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
