At ISOC-NY we've been using livestream without problems - we switched
from ustream a couple of years back just because the landing page
seemed a little prettier.

Our webcaster Lou Klepner recently purchased a couple of remote cams
and the wirecast switching software - you can see him putting it
through its paces at http://www.isoc-ny.org/?p=1208 (starts about 8
minutes in).

We've had some demand, particularly on our recent webcast of Eben
Moglen, http://www.isoc-ny.org/?p=1338 for theora streaming, but I'm
yet to find any solution.  I mollified by posting html5 ogv after the
event.