I moved about 3 domain names from an Australian host to a US host
(Hostmonster) quite a few years ago now and never lost a thing in
terms of Google ranking, and for some search terms I was ranked #1

So I agree, people do this all the time and never complain about
losing ranking that I have heard. So the IP address sounds most
likely. Best to ask the tech heads at the new host.

Dave.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Jay dedman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> This question is a little off-topic. Our neighbor rents a river cabin
> to weekenders. Most of her business has traditionally come through her
> website. Last month, we helped her move her website to a cheaper
> hosting solution. So she has the same website, just a different host.
>
> She says that no one is coming to her site now or booking. When she
> does Google searches, she doesnt even show up on the first three
> pages.
>
> Can switching hosts change your SEO status?
>
> Jay
>
> --
> http://ryanishungry.com
> http://twitter.com/jaydedman
> 917 371 6790

Reply via email to