There is no future-proof perfect answer at this stage. VP8 may be the longterm answer but even if its a roaring success it will take years to reach the promised land.
Like it or not, H264 is the answer for at least the next few years, if not longer. With one H.264 file you can cater for most hardware devices, and the browsers that dont support it can still work with H.264 by playing it back via flash. Its not perfect, but its a lot better than the format mess we had to deal with 6 years ago. Cheers Steve Elbows --- In [email protected], "stanhirson" <shir...@...> wrote: > I have a lot of new video go put up but I can't figure out what format > to encode. I had been happy with Flash embedded with vPIP, but now I am > worried about "data rot". What is going to happen to all my existing > videos? > > Oh well. I just dread the idea of having to go back to original video > and re-encode hundreds of clips to something that could be obsolete in a > few years.... > > Stan Hirson > http://PinePlainsViews.com > http://Hestakaup.com >
