This is not unexpected when you consider the number of times citizen have
recorded police officers using excessive force. Those same videos that will
wind up on YouTube to dispute the official findings.

It depends on the local laws and where you are doing at the moment.

If this is correct for Maryland residents:

"a person may not "willfully intercept" what it calls "oral communications." It
defines "oral communications" as "any conversation or words spoken to or by any
person in private conversation."

Then to record the conversation would be illegal but recording the visual
images would not be illegal. So if I was across the street and I see a police
action but I can't record the sound I'm ok?

It makes no sense. Equally makes no sense that there is not a clear or specific
policy that can be communicated to the public. You certainly do not want police
officers interpreting their own understanding of the law.

There is a Gizmodo post about this:
http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

Gena

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Mark Villaseñor <videoblogyahoogr...@...>