Barbara! I am afraid I was suffering from a profound case of "whimsies" when I penned my little
little missive yesterday afternoon. My apologies!

Best,
Anthony

Bergman, Barbara J wrote:

Anthony-

You're overthinking it. It was an effective way to get away from having hundreds of PN1997s. We can tweak it anyway we want to.

Hitchcock is in British films, but could just as easily been classed with American. Same for whether or not to place Bunuel in Spanish or French.

Billy Wilder is considered an American (i.e. Hollywood) director, so his films are within American.

And if it was a problem having Brokeback mixed in with a handful of Asian films, we'd have found a way to reclass it to land within American films.

Barb Bergman | Media Services & Interlibrary Loan Librarian | Minnesota State University, Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.berg...@mnsu.edu