Zediva was an interesting idea, anyway. As I recall , Zediva was focusing on a
market for streamed video of DVDs that had just been released, before the other
streaming services were allowed to offer them. It stands to reason that it
would be effectively attacked because it was stepping on a lot of toes, from
the premium channels that have first dibs on presenting new films to stores and
e-stores that get to sell the DVDs before the streaming begins.  I wonder if
the technology will turn out to be useful in another context, though.
I seem to recall an article in the 90s, before DVDs replaced VHS, about a
university that used a similar system to stream video to student computers. I
remember it involved a large number of VCRs in a room (not sure who was feeding
them) and I know that there was an option to capture some of the stream (or
that option was envisaged) because the article spoke about students being able
to insert a clip in an essay. Or did I dream that?

Judy Shoaf