Hi

Well, maybe you could bring in a couple of table lamps, a nice area rug,
and comfy couch and call it home video viewing...

Strictly speaking, what you're proposing doing constitutes public
performance, and therefor requires rights. On the other hand, depends on
how risk-averse you are and what it is that you're thinking of screening.
If it's Bullfrog or Video Project or another indie distributor, I'd bet a
nice courtesy call would get you an OK.  Again, if you're feeling frisky,
you might just go ahead and do it (unless it's a Disney film). Seems like
the risk of mad dog litigation is pretty small.

gary

> Hi, all,
>
> I'm going to be participating in a community Green Festival - many booths
> of vendors/organizations promoting Green Living.  Could I take a laptop
> and run a couple of subject oriented DVDs to show examples of what we
> have?  They would run for the whole program - about 5 hours.  I also have
> a powerpoint presentation from last year that I can run on a continuous
> loop, but I thought the DVDs would create a little more interest in our
> booth.  If I need PPR, I just won't do it.  Thanks.
>
> Becky Tatar
> Periodicals/Audiovisuals
> Aurora Public Library
> 1 E. Benton Street