Here at USC we purchase between 100 and 150 documentary films a year, and it is very much our firm policy that such films *always *be purchased at the full institutional price. A few years back one particular documentary film was inadvertently purchased through Amazon and we ended up receiving am email from the distributor, very much similar to the message that Mary received in regards to*My Perestroika.* As soon as I read the email, I immediately got in touch with the distributor and apologized for the error. We sent back the "offending" DVD to Amazon and ordered the "bonafide" DVD from the company handing the academic distribution of the film. Were this to happen again, I would do exactly the same. It is not for me to say that other academic institutions should do likewise, but personally I believe you have the ethical responsibility to so
do so.

Also, too: understand that USC owing to its size and its close proximity to the entertainment industry,is subject to a lot more scrutiny than a lot more other academic institutions. Thus, we have to be relentlessly squeaky clean in everything we do when it comes to media.

Cheers!
Anthony

Anthony E. Anderson
Assistant Director, Doheny Memorial Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190antho...@usc.edu
"Wind, regen, zon, of kou,