I would send the prof a respectful note, letting them know that there
are rights issues involved when a video is screened outside the
classroom, and offer to help clear the rights for their screening. I
think that it is my duty as the overall manager of the media collection
to inform our users about rights and ownership.  Many times, they will
plead innocence and be very willing to correct their lack of knowledge.

I don't think saying nothing is the appropriate way to deal with this
situation.  Our administration would want us to "do the right thing",
and my role is to help to facilitate that.

Susan Weber

Media Librarian
Library
T  604.323.5533