Maybe we should have read the fine print but we have been giving them away
as prizes for trivia contests on our blog and Facebook pages. I figured
that would be covered under the right of first sale.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Michael May <m...@dubuque.lib.ia.us> wrote:

> At my public library, rather than destroy the codes, we're thinking about
> occasionally giving these away to patrons via random drawings on Facebook
> and Twitter, maybe once each month in bundles of 5 or 10 titles. Winners
> would have to come to the library in person to pick up the actual paper
> slips. Assuming state and local laws and Facebook terms of service allow
> this, would this be a good idea? -Mike
>
> Michael May
> Carnegie-Stout Public Library

Chris Lewis  American University Library  202.885.3257

Hot tip: Have you seen The Loving
Story<http://proxyau.wrlc.org/login?url=http://docuseek2.com/v/a/A8>?
A story about defiance of Virginia laws prohibiting inter-racial marriage
in the 1950s and the fight to overturn the laws.
Click the title to view instantly - restricted to AU users only.